Concrete Hardness Tester Kit for Industrial Use Utilizing the Moh's Hardness Scale
A concrete hardness test kit, or what contractor's sometimes refer to as a concrete scratch test because you are scratching the concrete, is an essential tool to have on any concrete grinding and polishing job site. Used to determine the hardness of the concrete floor, the hardness tester helps choose the correct metal bond tools utilizing the Moh's Hardness Scale.
A Moh's hardness testing kit, also known as a Mohs hardness scale or kit, is a set of tools used to determine the relative hardness of minerals or materials based on Friedrich Mohs' scale of hardness. The Mohs scale ranks minerals from 1 (softest) to 10 (hardest) based on their ability to scratch or be scratched by other minerals.
How do you use the hardness picks?
Scratch a smooth surface of your material with the picks of various indicated hardness. As an example, if a #5 pick scratches the material, but a #4 pick does not, then your material’s hardness is 4.5.
- Molded Plastic Case to withstand rugged use in an industrial environment
- Non-tarnishing Nickel-Plated Brass Pin Vise Holders for the Hardness Points
- Customized Instructions for Use on Industrial Materials
- Customized Hardness Tables that cover the range of common materials
- This kit is optimized for Concrete Hardness Testing
- Part Number: